Package 2 Days / 1 Nights
Forty years after the main explosion, in 1927, volcanic activity was seen in the sea covering the old caldera, between the sites of the two northern most former volcanoes of Krakatau, where the greatest activity had occurred at the time of the cataclysm. A series of eruptions 185 m below the surface of the sea resulted in the emergence of tree new island, one after the other. They were all soon destroyed by surf. A fourth emerged from the sea on August 12th 1930. It remained above water, and was aptly named Anak Krakatau ( Child of Krakatau ).
It grew by the accumulation of ash, and suffered a devastating eruption in 1952, and another very destructive one in 1972. It is now 195 m high and 2 km in diameter, and is still active. The northeast coast, north foreland and east foreland are now vegetated; the succession of vegetation is still at an early stage, Casuarina equisetifolia ((Cemara ) being the dominant tree.
- Departure at 0900 am From Carita Beach.
- Carita – Krakatau Volcano by fast boat cruising Sunda Strait takes about 1 hour.
- Landing and Climbing up to the first level of anak krakatau.
- Swimming and Snorkeling at Legon Cabe ( the big krakatau ) coral reef , lunch time serve on the beach.
- Stay over night at the big Krakatau ( Tent ) and the view is anak Krakatau.
- At 1130am return to Carita end of tour.
The Package includes :
- Fast Boat ( normal boat ) , guide ,Tent, entry permit , self insurance, meals (Full board), mineral water, soft drink, fruit and snack.
- The trip schedule is very much dependent on weather conditions and may make changes accordingly.
Ujungkulon tour and travel Krakatoa Photos